Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day 3


The morning started with a bang... or rather an explosion. Everyone was sitting around, mouths watering for the peach crisp and blueberry muffins in the oven, when disaster struck. The glass dish, holding our beloved crisp, shattered, contaminating all the contents of the oven. It was quite the disappointment, but we made due with Coaches Oats.




Another disappointment to the day was that Andrew was forced to join the support team, due to an injury to his knee. We are praying he will be able to bike again Friday, the victory ride.




All the boys took turns riding though out the day, but Jonathan and Joshua where the only ones to ride the entire 140 miles. They were completely worn out. Spirits continue to run high though.



The day in pictures


The Geo looked worse in the morning light...
The  beautiful view from our campground









Washing the boys smelly bike clothes by hand. 




Preparing for the days ride.



Another flat tire...











Sight-seeing with Grandpa







Indian Mounds

Last 3 miles

Supper in our cramped quarters

Words from the Pedalers - 


Andrew- "Hard to determine weather the pain in my knee was worse than the pain inside of me from not being able to ride, but being on the support team and seeing the boys through 140 miles was great!"

Joshua- "Made it through the ride without dieing… although I'd probably feel better if I was dead."

Jonathan- "140 miles of beautiful scenery and a personal record of distance and speed beat! 

Paul- "Had a good rest after the longest ride of my life. 65 miles of beauty."

Stan- "I am so tired!"

Zack- "The day was nice and beautiful. I enjoyed my 26 miles... wish I could have gone longer, but my legs were sore from yesterday."


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new records, guys!
    Incredible photo ops and captures. The snake pic is absolutely ott, and on my personal favorites list.
    Loved Joshua's words. :p
    Praying for Andrew's knee.
    Proud of all you cyclists!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Wish I were there with y'all! Love all the pictures! :) praying for you all especially Andrew :)

    ReplyDelete