Monday, October 1, 2012

Day 1


We got in to St. Francesville late last night, and were up early this morning. It took some time to get the bikes adjusted and the pedalers weren’t off until around 9:00 am. 

It was a rough start with rain, strong head winds and cold temperatures. The day continued with a blown tire, injured knee and sudden sickness, along with motorhome dramas of flying plums, leaking propane and spewing septic. All this ended our day 30 miles earlier then planned. But, despite the trials and tribulations, we are thankful to God for safety and for the opportunity to grow.

The day has ended on a brighter note, including hot showers and delicious food from “K and R’s Kitchen.” 







Words from the pedalers - 

Andrew - “They say I have to be positive… I’m positive It was a trying day... but, its all good because I was with my buddies,”

Jonathan - “Today was honestly one of the hardest rides I have ever done. For the first 60 miles we were fighting a terrible head wind and it rained all day. Needless to say, we didn’t make the best progress but we are looking forward to tomorrow.”

Joshua - “Dodged plenty of road kill. Like Louisiana roads better then Mississippi roads. Enjoyed the good food.” 

Stan - “I lucked out; had a short day on the road. Got rained on for 17.8 miles. Can’t wait to put my wet clothes on in the morning. Oh, and on top of it all, I have to sleep in the box trailer…”























While the boys were pedaling hard, we (Kirsten, Rebecca, Zack and Caleb) enjoyed the scenery; taking pictures and having fun!







Muffin and Sugar wanted to be a part of all the adventures too!







Looking forward to tomorrow!



3 comments:

  1. Oh oh! Loved the update!
    Been praying for your weather. Wish I were there experiencing it with ya'll. :)
    Great photos! Esp love the Caleb on bridge ones. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No no no no...not the bridge pics! Made my tummy flip flop...made me hold my breath...I just get dizzy thinking about it... Sorry, other than that...great pics! prayers for a safe ride

      Delete
  2. Looks like tons of fun!!! =) Hope you all stay safe! Blessings, Tiana

    ReplyDelete